Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Color Monitor Calibration Software Needed

• Please log in to reply

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Can someone please recommend any modestly-priced color monitor calibration software? I've looked at several, but wanted to get just a few more suggestions before buying one.

I am a professional photographer who exclusively uses Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 (I highly recommend)and although Corel has its own monitor calibrator built it, my experience with it has been less than satisfying. I would rather independently have the option of calibrating the monitor separately from my photo editing software anyway.

I maintain three computers, which all run Windows XP, one has a flat screen monitor and the other two are the older TV-style monitors.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I am a professional photographer

Then do you have access to a professional quality printer? If so, trust your eyes to calibrate. Take an outdoors, hi-rez picture of a familiar face or faces in a familiar place on a sunny day. Print it out in your best quality on your best paper. The put monitors in their optimal resolutions (native for LCDs) and eyeball it.