Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

F-secure slow down

• Please log in to reply

spgannon

spgannon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer has slowed down drastically this week. The issue appears to be the fssm32.exe process, it always runs at 45-60% CPU in my task manager. It worked great for a long time, and just recently has started to be a huge drain on my system.

Can anybody help me?

Edited by Rorschach112, 04 June 2010 - 04:33 PM.
removed log

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That is a known problem with F-Secure. What is your current version ?

spgannon

spgannon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for looking into this for me, here is my version.

Shaw Secure 9.01 build 105

F-Secure Anti-Virus 9.10 build 15261
F-Secure Automatic Update Agent 8.25 build 3737
F-Secure User Interface 9.01 build 5078
F-Secure Management Agent 8.10 build 30088
F-Secure Parental Control 8.40 build 15270
F-Secure E-mail filtering 1.02 build 7380
F-Secure Network connections 6.24 build 103
F-Secure Email Scanner 6.00 build 432
F-Secure DeepGuard 2.20 build 146
F-Secure Online Help 2.00 build 1450
Customization

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do you use the parental control feature ? If so turn that element off and see if that makes a difference

This is a problem that F-Secure have had for a few years and they have never quite got round to fixing it yet

The Flash5

The Flash5

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Do you use the parental control feature ? If so turn that element off and see if that makes a difference

This is a problem that F-Secure have had for a few years and they have never quite got round to fixing it yet

Hey =) ya I'm trying to fix a computer in my home with same problem on XP, Ive run it in safe mode and done diagnostics but ended up with the same situation you had with Fssm32.exe, even a simple system restore left me with the same problem. When I UN-installed F secure everything was fine again. P.s my Parental contorl was off while it went nuts and slowed down my CPU. Do you have any info at all that could help us resolve this issue? if you do that would be great =) thanks for replying to the other guy, at least I know im not alone =P