Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing W7, Stuck at Recovery Options Screen

• Please log in to reply

RomEchDelt

RomEchDelt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Original objective: Install Windows 7 on my Acer laptop to replace Vista

Problem: Windows 7 installed fine, but after being on the desktop for about 5-10 seconds the computer automatically restarted, then proceeded to a Recovery Options screen from Acer where I have the option to automatically fix startup problems, recover to an earlier point, use the command prompt, or check for hardware memory errors. The option to automatically fix startup problems was unable to automatically fix anything, as was the check for hardware memory errors. I have tried multiple times to install W7 on this partition, as well as the second partition. I keep getting directed to the Recovery Options screen after I restart/shut down and power on.

What I've Attempted: Multiple installs, format then install, "chkdsk /F c:" in the command prompt until no errors were found. I ran the W7 Advisor prior to installing and the results were that the laptop was able to upgrade to W7.

Help is very much appreciated!

Advertisements