Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop battery and ac power

• Please log in to reply

Josh v

Josh v

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi dear forum team, one quick question:
whats the most efficient way of working on a laptop with it being connected to the power ac adapter, i have
heard somewhere that in order to save batterys life it is recomended to take the battery out everytime
you are connected to the power supply, is that true?
My current laptop overheats everytime hence switches off by itself, could it be because of the battery?
cheerz

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All batteries naturally discharge regardless of whether they live in the laptop or the kitchen cupboard. In other words, over time all batteries will go flat eventually.

Laptops tend to overheat usually because they end up living on the bed or the sofa's arm, the vents get blocked up, no cool air = too hot laptop = shut off.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

My current laptop overheats everytime hence switches off by itself ...

Here are a few examples of what I often see inside a disassembled laptop when I'm ask to solve an overheating problem:

Posted Image

Solution? Clean out the gunk, (gently), and she's good to go.

Josh v

Josh v

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you very much, off for the screwdriver and lets get cleaning, i suspected that as well, but wanted some assurance, cheerz once again )))))

My current laptop overheats everytime hence switches off by itself ...

Here are a few examples of what I often see inside a disassembled laptop when I'm ask to solve an overheating problem:

Posted Image

Solution? Clean out the gunk, (gently), and she's good to go.