Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Survey

• Please log in to reply

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Just wondering why in the last weeks everytime I log in I am ask if i want to answer a SURVEY, I did the first time, then again the second time but it was exactly the same questions (if at least it was a different survey). Is this a bug or are you so interested in my habits that you'll ask me everytime.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'm not aware of any surveys being served up on login...or any other time, for that matter.

Can you post me a screen capture of the survey window?

Is anyone else being asked to complete a survey when logging in?

niemiro

niemiro

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Sorry if this is not helpful, but I am being offered a survey too (but only once on every computer I use, not again and again and again) This reply probably hasn't helped much, but it is definitely every time I log in (just after I log in) on a different computer. It seems to be tracked by computer rather than user account, so I guess participation is stored as a cookie or something, rather than an SQL table on your server??????

Sorry again if I have not helped,

Richard

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

I'm not aware of any surveys being served up on login...or any other time, for that matter.

Posted Image

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted Image

That is the one, today did not see it yet for first time in a while

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It is a survey I okayed. It's not one of them that floats across your screen, but appears down by your clock. You are supposed to see it only ONCE, and it's shown to only a small percentage of people. I know they use IP addresses to determine if you've been shown the survey before, and I assume they use a browser cookie as well.

Since it's appearing multiple times for you, I have to assume you are maybe on dial-up, or somehow assigned a new IP address every time, as well as blocking cookies. Is this correct?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
No I have High speed, and I do not think my IP changes, I do not block my cookies but do clean them once a month in general.

I received that survey the first time not long after I signed in to this site and did not see it for a couple of weeks until lately which it appeared everyday sometimes more then once a day (until today which I have not seen it yet)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'll get it fixed or removed.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Thanks, it was not a big pain (one click) I was just wondering why.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I had the survey once and once only, I completed it for you Blair. :)

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
I encountered this survey today, in one of the our client PCs and conducted by Crowd Science. :)