Hi I think I know what the problem is - so I will try to fix that first and then see what else is on your system
Go to Control Panel
and select Internet Options
Select the Connections TAB
Select LAN settings
Ensure there is no tick
in the Proxy Server
and restart Internet explorer
And for Firefox there are instructions on this page
and you want the setting to be no proxy
Then try ChromeNEXT GMER Rootkit Scanner
[*] Download GMER
[*] Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
[*] Double click GMER.exe.
[*] If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO
, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
[*] In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
Click the image to enlarge it
**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
- Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.THEN
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select Scan all users
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Post both logs