Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD

• Please log in to reply

swisstonyholmes

swisstonyholmes

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi anyone who can help,

I have a PC which is giving me some grief with BSOD's it stated with PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD with no apparent trigger mechanism just random BSOD's. Then different BSOD's with no error code but I do have copies of all mini dump files, but am not sure what I'm looking for really.

I have run memtest for 48hrs with no errors and the usual malware cleaning tools, I have the usual logs and reports from cleaning guide recommended on this forum, please ask should you require any more information.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

Edited by swisstonyholmes, 06 June 2010 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Post your minidumps.

swisstonyholmes

swisstonyholmes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi,

Here are my last five minidumps.

Thanks.

Attached Files

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
You have a couple of MEMORY_MANAGEMENT dumps in there, I would first suggest running Memtest86+ first to eliminate bad memory as the culprit.

swisstonyholmes

swisstonyholmes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I'm now running MEMTESTV86+ V4.10 to try and find any errors, I will let you know what I find.

swisstonyholmes

swisstonyholmes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have now completed many hours worth of testing using MEMTEST86+ V4.10.

RAM Passed 20 times with no errors to report.

I have attached the latest minidump reports as the above testing seems inconclusive.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

swisstonyholmes

swisstonyholmes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have run a CHKDSK /R but am still getting BSOD'S while running GMER.EXE scanner. I have attached my latest minidump.

Attached Files