Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dark Twilight

Dark Twilight

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
(I think this is where I post my problem on application errors)
Hello to you all, I have recently joined and need to remove a certain virus off my system which I would later post once I have resolved this error to help anyone understand my problem.

I was directed to this address, http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html, and followed everything and things have been going well until step 4, rootkit detection, I have downloaded the program and extracted the contents and double click on the gmer.exe program. The program ran fine for the first 3-5 seconds, but after that a pop up would appear, gmer.exe - gmer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem or if there is already a topic simular to this then please direct me to that site.

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
If your having trouble running GMER, then I suggest you skip over it and continue on with the next step. Make sure you make note in your Malware Removal thread that GMER has crashed on your system when you attempted to run it.

Please Note: A moderator may come along and decide to close this thread as it has to do with a malware removal tool, and leaving it open leaves the possibility for other users giving malware advice to you.