Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer slow to respond

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kaleb82

kaleb82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I uninstalled the games and toolbars, but still no change. I'm at a loss as to what the problem may be. The delays are annoying and I'm glad that there is no malware or viruses present.
Do you think upgrading to 8.0 would help? My thought is that whatever the problem is, it will transfer to the upgrade. Any other possible solutions? Your thoughts?
Thank you.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Sure, maybe upgrade to IE 8 would help. Also you could try another browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

kaleb82

kaleb82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I can't load IE 8.0, when trying I get a message that an IE program is on my computer, and that it can't download 8.0. IE is still slow to open and when clicking on a link, the screen freezes and the new (link) window takes a long time to open. I have a windows 7 upgrade that I'm going to load, then try the 8.0 upgrade. Maybe that will take care of the problem. Thanks again for your assistance. Much appreciated.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Okay sounds good, did you try any of the other browsers I linked you in my last post?

kaleb82

kaleb82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
No, but I'm seriously considering mozilla firefox. I'm hoping that will help. Thanks again.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Yep, give it a shot and let me know if it's better.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.