Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No space at Win XP

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like it may be a case of bloatware through some software. I would also recommend a trip to the malware forum to make sure you are clean. Then return here for us to continue helping you clean up the loose ends if any are left after the malware techs declare you clean.

Advertisements

shulman

shulman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
But I didnt install Malaware yet, because ppl have recomended me Avast AV also.
Is Malware AV better then Aavst.?
here is the log attached again, was uploading a bmp before.

Please see..
WinDirStat_form.JPG

Edited by shulman, 10 June 2010 - 07:08 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are talking two entirely different programs when you say MBAM and ASvast. They do different jobs.
Your Documents and Settings is taking up all your room using 30.5 gb of your drive. Unless Diabillic can see a reason for this and has any other suggestions,
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

shulman

shulman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I just finished the scan of Avast AV without any infedcted files.
I've adressed this tread to the Malaware and Spyware forum in here
new topic.
Lets see what the experts have to say.
Do you think its a virus causing this or a bad software?
I've heard that if installed something defected, It can repreduce a lot of files
without stopping until you delete it, could it be at my case also?

Regards,
Shulman

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you run the instructions from the link named Start Here from my previous post?
I do not see any of the requested logs in your malware forum topic and therefore your assistance will be even slower.
Please run the instructions as I posted them and add in the requested logs in your malware forum so the Techs there can help you look deeper in your system for a possible problem.
We can wait till they are done and have declared your system infection free.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I think that you have to search deeper in "documents and settings" to find the source of the problem. Frankly, I doubt that this is a virus problem and doubt even more that this is related to unsuccessful web cam installation. Three questions:

1: How many user accounts are you having on this computer?

2: If there are more then one: did you delete files from the others too?

3: Assuming you use Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook as email programs: Did you delete unnecessary, old email files (from all users accounts)?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 69,964 posts
I think you are right Skeptic the "documents and settings" is huge - in the malware thread I have asked him to expand that with windirstat and post the screen shot here. If it seems like malware I will resume in the malware forum thread

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Sorry for my late response. Docs and Settings is the culprit, just expand the folder and retake the screenshot as already stated.

shulman

shulman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,
Im now talking from a different computer.
I followd the instructions by the Malaware and Spyware guide as suggested and when reaching the Malwarebytes - anti malawre phase, I installed and ran the program. It scan and recognise 11 viruses includidng 3 trojans but as far as I remember it didnt able to delete them all.
After restarting, the WinXP askes me for an activation code which I cant supply at the moment.
What can I do next to find this activation code and how can I avoide this situation in the future?

Regards,
Shulman

qwe abab

qwe abab

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 69,964 posts

Hi,
Im now talking from a different computer.
I followd the instructions by the Malaware and Spyware guide as suggested and when reaching the Malwarebytes - anti malawre phase, I installed and ran the program. It scan and recognise 11 viruses includidng 3 trojans but as far as I remember it didnt able to delete them all.
After restarting, the WinXP askes me for an activation code which I cant supply at the moment.
What can I do next to find this activation code and how can I avoide this situation in the future?

Regards,
Shulman

I have restarted the malware topic - please post the MBAM log there

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Direct to: qwe abab

I have the same problem

Same Problem??? Same problem as who, as what?

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system. Thank you for your cooperation.