Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

this file does not have a program associated with it ...

• Please log in to reply

doctordonzo

doctordonzo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Although my problem seems like a duplicate of the previous posts on this topic I seem to encounter the problem with different file types. When I go to control panel>folder options>file types I find that the first twenty one registered file types have the word (none) to the right of the icon (again it's the first 21 types. The remainder are complete). I'm terminally challenged when it comes technical problem solving so I'm at a loss as to how I might wing it with previous solutions offered. I'd be grateful for any insight you might offer. Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)
Try this HERE line 12 to fix the association problem. If this does not correct the issue you may have a infection that will need to be looked at before we can continue then.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not sure why it is doing that as the instructions at the top of the page for the reg fix are as followed.

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt