Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't post after mysteriously shutting down

• Please log in to reply

Ddrohan

Ddrohan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone! I am posting here After several friends reccomended this site very highly. I have an Hp pavillion tx 1000 laptop that several years old (out of warranty) running vista home. I left in unplugged on the counter one night, and I came out the next morning and it looked like the battery had died. I plugged it back in to let it charge, but it doesn't seem to want to turn on any more. I flip the switch and the lights start to come on as if it was booting, but then it goes back to just being off. Is there anything I can try to get this computer to boot? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

Selix

Selix

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Try to read this if you have not done so: http://bit.ly/cSSzoj .

Then, it was difficult for me to determine exactly which of the HP model with the product name you entered is completely accurate. So check details on: http://bit.ly/c6IrL4 .

Once you find the correct model, it is important that you select the right model when you update the BIOS. When you click on the model you have on the link above you will get drivers / software. Once you click there, you get the "BIOS" setup file that you download and install.

For some, it works with the bios update with battery problems (no personal experience).