Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

User can't send email on AT&T Yahoo with multiple accounts

• Please log in to reply

thilton19

thilton19

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello All,

I've searched through the corum to see if anyone else has had this issue but found no posts, so....

I have a client who is using Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista laptop. This user has 3 or 4 email accounts configured in Outlook: one from his company(BizNetz), one from my company(Serveon), one from GMail and one with AT&T. When he's at work he can send and receive emails on BizNetz, Serveon and Gmail without issue. However, when he's home he can only receive emails on these accounts but not send. When running the Test Accounts in Outlook he gets an error: “Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 553 From: address not verified.” :) Obviously, this is an issue with AT&T/Yahoo's SMTP security so I set the SMTP server and security to be AT&T/Yahoo with the user's email and password for AT&T/Yahoo: no dice. While this issue is not necessarily new to me (I've had this issue with Verizon) this is the first time my settings didn't work. I searched the web for resolutions and found a couple but the guys who wrote the "fixes' didn't write it in a manner I understood.

Has anyone here had issues with sending emails from multiple accounts in Outlook through an AT&T/Yahoo connection? There has to be a fix for this but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. This all started when AT&T "merged"(for a lack of a better way to put it) with Yahoo for email.

Thanks!

Troy

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://help.yahoo.co...endfrom-07.html

thilton19

thilton19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
THANK YOU NEIL!!!!!! :)

That was exactly what I needed! The troubling part of all this is the fact that the AT&T Support Techs could not give me this same information. There answer was, "well you'll just have to deal with it." Wow! :)

Troy