Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hyperlinks in PowerPoint Files

• Please log in to reply

jkearsley

jkearsley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I prepare & proofread training materials in Word & Publisher for trainees‘ manuals and in PowerPoint for our trainers' classroom presentations. Problem: PowerPoint insists on showing all hypertext links in the .ppt documents as some color other than the standard bright blue which is used in the Word & Publisher versions. How does PowerPoint determine what color to use for URL links, and how can I change it?

I can - and do - remove the hyperlink on some of them, and simply render them as blue, underlined text. However, our trainers need to click on some of these links in the course of their presentations, and actually take the projection to and back from the indicated sites, so those links have to work. But when I use the right-click hyperlink-creation dialog box protocol to make them live, the program insists on rendering them in yellow type; if I remove the hyperlink again, it goes back to blue!

Have written the topic every way I can think of on MS Help bulletin boards, and can't find anything on point. By the way, I'm working with an Office 2007-installed PC, but on .ppt files saved in 2003 [Compatibility Mode]. OS is MS XP Pro, Version 2002, SP3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jean Kearsley
Curriculum Developer
ECDD Training Academy

Edited by Artellos, 08 June 2010 - 03:55 PM.
Email Removed

Advertisements