Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Settings

• Please log in to reply

iddawg

iddawg

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
My OS is "Windows 7"
I am trying to set up "New Mail" at Yahoo.
The only issue I am having is that every time I long into Yahoo Mail. I keep getting the following.

"Your screen resolution is set below our minimum recommendation. When it's set under 1024 x 768 pixels, the all-new Yahoo! Mail won't look as good.

You can continue with your current settings, but you won't be able to enjoy the full effect.

To continue to the all-new Yahoo! Mail anyway...

Go to Yahoo! Mail"

Or better yet, try increasing your screen's resolution. If you're running Windows, here's how:

Click the Start button, and select Settings, then Control Panel. Next, double-click Display and click the Settings tab. Use the slider to set your monitor to a 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.

I download and installed the latest display driver from Toshiba and set the resolution at 1366 x 768 to no avail.
Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by iddawg, 08 June 2010 - 03:50 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It looks like Yahoo mail is years behind computer standards...LOL
1024 x 768 is a standard 4:3 type screen resolution.
Yours, 1366 x 768, is wide screen resolution (16:9), so surely you can NOT set your display to 4:3 standard resolution.

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I sent a message to "Help" in Yahoo Mail. I cannot wait to here back from them now. It should be interesting. LOL.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'd be really surprised, if they reply...hehehe

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I know what you mean. If I were them; I certainly would not. As I said before "It's going to be interesting." I'm going to call it know. It's a setting on there end that has been turned off. LOL

Edited by iddawg, 08 June 2010 - 09:24 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I just did set myself in "I can't wait" mode :)

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I'll get back to you and let you know what happens.

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I just click on "New Mail" at Yahoo. It loaded just fine with no error messages. I never did receive any thing from Yahoo support concerning the issue. Why should that surprise me. LOL

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

I just click on "New Mail" at Yahoo. It loaded just fine with no error messages

Gremlins....LOL

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Here is a new twist to this issue. I have three browsers loaded on the laptop. With Google Chrome I don't get the error. With Fire Fox and IE 8 I get the error message about resolution at New Mail at Yahoo. Why? Just curious?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It looks like your issue is at least 3 years old...hehe: http://www.yahoospec...list.html#links
Here: http://www.sevenforu...t-find-fix.html someone posted something about changing zoom level (toward the end of that topic)

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I never received a message from Yahoo support concerning this issue. I did send them a message last night that I could view New Mail with Google Chrome only without getting the message about the resolution issue. Tonight when I went to logged into New Mail on Fire Fox for some strange reason I did not get the next page about changing my resolution on the computer.
It's just to funny. I think it is hilarious.
On a serious note it is about time Yahoo came up to date on this issue.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Go for Gmail :)

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I was shocked that I actually heard back from Yahoo support.
The only thing that thy wanted me to do was create a screen print of the issue when it happened; the only problem with that is they had already changed there settings and the issue is not a problem any more.
The last message I sent to them I stated that I want to know why this was happening. Not that I am expecting a response. That would be to much to ask for.
I still think this is just to funny.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'd say: triple WOW!!!....LOL