Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dont know where to start.

• Please log in to reply

cschmidt04

cschmidt04

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, im recently purchased a computer case with a motherboard, power supply, and a couple fans in it.i want to try and reuse the power supply but the motherboard is old. im want to be able to play newer games and surf the net in ease. also have a awesome graphics card with HDMI. power supply is 350w Q max. any suggestions?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,754 posts
Edited to remove language and useless post.

Edited by sari, 09 June 2010 - 07:28 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
I don't know exactly what you are asking?

recently purchased a computer case with a motherboard, power supply, and a couple fans in it

Is this what you are talking about later where you say the board is old? If so it might be to old.
What is the board manufacturer?
What is the processor?
What kind of "newer" games.
A 350w psu is very low by todays standards and would not be recommended.

cschmidt04

cschmidt04

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
the board is a nvidia nforce 2 ultra 400. it was the only thing left in the case. not even sure if it works. so if the power supply is out dated then i would be starting the build with just a case. what kind of board do you think i should use?
NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI or one of the asus.