Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird interfernce over laptop sound

• Please log in to reply

jedimind

jedimind

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell inspiration, and the other day I had weird interference over the speakers. It was a women's voice stating various numbers over what seems to be a tannoy system. You can also her some people talking it back ground. This happens every 2/5 mins, and also anywhere in the house. I have no idea where this is coming from. I have closed down every possible application I have and it still happens. The only thing I know is when I turn off the wireless on my laptop it doesn't happen. So must be something to do with that. I just have no idea what it is or how to get rid of it. any advice would be great. One more thing to note is that I live in the country side no factorys etc or built up areas around me.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi jedimind :) see the link below, hope it helps;
http://compnetworkin...wifichannel.htm
Further advice & how to change a wifi channel here;
http://www.microsoft...relesstips.aspx

Edited by phillpower2, 09 June 2010 - 10:39 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
There is someone close enough to you that is on another wireless device. Most likely a cordless phone.
Follow phillpower2 advice and change the channel.