Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resolution Settings

• Please log in to reply

Tracee

Tracee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ISSUE: I was getting an Out of Range error on a Sony Vaio with an Sony LCD monitor. If I plugged in a different monitor to the Vaio, no error. Then, I accidentally changed the resolution in XP and now I cannot get the workstation to come up on either monitor. The LCD gives the same Out of Range error and the other monitor is all fuzzy and I cannot see the desktop to change the resolution.

QUESTION: Does anyone know of a way to reset the current resolution settings to the defaul settings without wiping the computer clean? Maybe through a command prompt??

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Advertisements

satydg

satydg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
fr the out of resolution issue on a XP machine, there are some steps that can be followed :-
> restart the machine
> when the system shows the first startup screen,keep tapping F8
> select the option " Start windows in last known good configuration "
> if that does not work, then again tap F8 on comp startup and select " Enable VGA Mode "
> when the desktop shows up, go to the display properties
> select " Settings " tab and change the resolution to 640X480
> then once u do that, restart the machine and let it start up normally and check
This would resolve the issue...