Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

VerBose GPO Logging

• Please log in to reply

hmd

hmd

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Can anybody tell me what VerBose GPO Logging is?
Who is the manufacturer?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
Verbose = wordy, containing more words than necessary

GPO = Group Policy Object

In Microsoft Windows XP, you use Group Policy to define user and computer configurations for groups of users and computers. You create a specific desktop configuration for a particular group of users and computers by using the Group Policy Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in. The Group Policy settings that you create are contained in a Group Policy Object (GPO), which is in turn associated with selected Active Directory containers, such as sites, domains, or organizational units (OUs).

logging = details of or about in a log file

hmd

hmd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi
Thank you for your answer.
I am still in doubts, though.

"VerBose GPO Logging" is a program that is found in a scan.

Can I conclude on what your write that Microsoft is the manufacturer?
I must admit I haven't figured out clearly what the exe file (VerBose GPO Logging) does.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
where are you seeing this and what's causing you to ask about it?

hmd

hmd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am creating softweare compliance reports.
I get total company scans and I tag each single software string.
I have thus come across a software string called "VerBose GPO Logging". It comes from somebody's 'Add/remove Programs'.
But I cannot find out what it is. So I hope somebody here might have a solution.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
via google i can't find any references (good or bad) to there being an application for this. verbose GPO logging is a feature of any domain capable windows operating system, but it's not enabled through an application, it's generally enabled via the registry or via GPO

hmd

hmd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok.
I think that I will write that it is 'bundled' and thus doesn't cost anything on its own.

Thank you.