Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing boot drive

• Please log in to reply

NormW

NormW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My system is dual boot with 4 physical HDD's installed. Drive C: is the Windows 7 boot drive and contains all the Windows 7 system files. Drive D: is a Vista Boot Drive. When I boot Windows 7, the drive management console (under system management) does not list drive C: at all (it only lists 3 physical HDD's) AND it lists Drive E: as the system disk. Drive E: is a data disk and contains no Windows system files at all. Even though there is no listing in this console for Drive C: (OR the physical disk it resides on) the system boots normally and Drive C: is shown in Windows 7 explorer under Computer. However, some programs which rely on this data (Norton Ghost for example) do not work since they cannot find the C: drive. Using the rescan option in Disk Management and Device Manager has no effect. I have used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Norton 360 to scan for and eliminate any Malware from the system. At this moment I am totally stumped. Help!

Advertisements