Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 2000 doesnt start

• Please log in to reply

pbialos

pbialos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. This i my first post on this forum, so please excuse me if i am not posting on the right place. I had a problem when installing an adsl modem over windows 2000 professional. When i arrived at my cousin's PC i saw an error message immediately after loading windows that said:

VShield could not start one of its components due to missing
d:\archivosdeprograma\networkassociates\virusscan\vshwin32.exe file

I clicked OK and continued using the computer normally. At first i couldnt install the USB Adsl modem(a Zinc networks) because the drivers of the usb controllers where incorrectly installed, but i tried installing a different driver and then it could recognize my usb modem. I configured the modem correctly and everything worked just fine.
I turned off the computer a started it again, and everything worked perfectly. (Always showing the vshwin.exe error at the beginning but after that everything went fine).
I tried to install the AVG antivirus(last version) but i decided not to continue with the installation at the middle of it, and cancelled it.
When i came back to my house my cousin called me and told me that when he turned on the PC windows 2000 showed the vshwin32.exe error message, but now it didnt load anything on the desktop and he couldn`t use the computer(he even tryed in safe mode).

Any help you can provide me would be much appreciated. I am sorry for my bad english, i hope you can excuse me.

Advertisements