Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

AMD Processor Unknown

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi im having some difficulties here with booting up. in the bios screen it reads that there is an unknown amd processor. My keyboard will freeze and cant hit del to enter the bios menu. i tried clearing the cmos both ways, jumper and battery, but same thing. a few times i have been able to hit the del and enter setup, which takes about 1 hr before it goes into the bios menu. when im there it still reads it as unknown and really cant do anything more after because when you save and exit, it's back at the boot screen that freezes my keyboard...again. anyone have any answers for me?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The processor unknown error means your processor is too new for the board it's in because it was made after the board was.
The solution for this is to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version available. You can get this from the website of the company who made the motherboard.

Edited by Neil Jones, 11 June 2010 - 06:45 AM.