Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Change Wireless Frequency on Computer

• Please log in to reply

wek

wek

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Just bought computer and trying to get internet to work. Accidently changed frequency to 5 GHZ and now there are no wireless connections available when I had over 8 choices before. Please HELP!!

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
What is the make and model of your computer? Desktop or Laptop? How exactly did you change the frequency?

wek

wek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It is a Sony VAIO laptop. The Internet wasn't working so I was trying different things and it asked me if I wanted 2.5 or 5 ghz and I tried the 5. I have tried to find that screen for hours and I have no idea where I did it!!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Have you tried using System Restore to roll back to a date/time before you "changed the frequency"?

• Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box or Search programs and files, and then click System Restore under the Programs section.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

• On the System Restore page, click Next.

• Select a restore point that you know was before you made the frequency change, and then click Next.

• If you are prompted to specify the disk to restore, select the hard disk on which the operating system is installed, and then click Next.

• On the Confirm your restore point page, click Finish.

• When the restoration process is complete, click Restart.

wek

wek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks, I did it and it worked!!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Excellent! Thanks for letting us know. :)