Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes has stopped working:

• Please log in to reply

cdubya

cdubya

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Every time I open iTunes it crashes with that message.

So I thought I might try to reinstall it somehow. When I would try to uninstall it, it would never work. So I used a cleaner to wipe all of the iTunes information. The strange thing is, one folder never disappeared, called iTunes.Resources. Inside this folder, there was one other folder which I couldn't access and seemed to be corrupted. Its name was pt.lproj. Since then I've tried renaming it, whatever, but there is no way to get rid of the iTunes.Resources folder, which I think is causing the problem.

I reinstalled a copy of iTunes but gave it a different folder name, "iTunesSet". Inside this one's iTunes.Resources, I am able to open the pt.lproj file. The other one is not accessible. Something is clearly wrong, preventing me from FULLY uninstalling the old copy of iTunes. So now every time I start it I get a critical error. Please help!! It will be so appreciated.

Advertisements

doggie-15

doggie-15

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
This sounds a bit like a malware problem. Please read here. Follow the instructions there, make sure you read the WHOLE post before doing anything. :)