Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Explorer.Exe - Bad image

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a windows xp and yesterday when I was using the internet all of the sudden warning messages started to pop up saying that my computer is infected with a virus and all of the sudden an antivirus started to download even though I pressed cancel more than ten times, so I bought the Norton Antivirus online and install it and it clean the computer but now whenever I start the computer this message appears:

Explorer.Exe-Bad image
The application or DLL globalroot\systemroot\PRAGMAvstypyrivf\pragmaserf.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

and when I open Internet Explorer the same message appears but instead of "Explorer.Exe-Bad image" it says "iexplorer.exe-Bad image

and also I can't open itunes and a little window appears saying that the application is not found and when I try to open limewire or Windows Live Messenger the window of "Open With" shows up telling me to choose the program I want to use to open the file and that never happened before it all started yesterday and the only way I can open Limewire and Windows Live is by right clicking the mouse and pressing start.

Pleasy can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks :)

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hello and welcome to G2G.

From the sounds of your post it seems like you are inquiring about receiving Malware assistance with your computer. Unfortunately you will need to create a new thread and post the required logs in this forum here: Malware Forum. Please make sure you follow the steps outlined in this thread here: START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the requested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post the required logs, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

Best of Luck.