Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Fragmentation

• Please log in to reply

RyanT1000

RyanT1000

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello...

I have recently downloaded Piriform Defraggler because I like Piriform's CCleaner program, and I wanted to see what that Defraggler program could do for my laptop. Well, I have the PC set to automatically defrag on a frequent basis, however when I run the Piriform program, I have been getting 'incomplete' efforts at defragmentation. The program claims it is unable to defragment some files, mostly files related to Google Chrome and what appear to be system files. According to Piriform, I am currently at 30% fragmentation with 21 fragmented files (19.7GB) and "110 total fragments." According to the Piriform analysis, I am currently at 65.0GB of "used spaced", and approximately 119.8GB of "free space".

Recently, when I ran Defraggler, I was getting 40% fragmentation analysis results even after I ran the Piriform program. I was down to 29% yesterday, however it appears I'm on the upward climb again being back up to 30-35% today. My laptop has been slow and temporarily freezing - I have had to press CTRL and ALT at the same time to 'bring it out' of the momentary freeze. Usually it comes back to life in about 3 seconds, however I am not sure what is causing this problem. I know Toshiba is know to be slow, especially immediately after booting, however I am not sure what to do other than run the CCleaner and Defraggler programs to help speed up my OS.

With all this being said, what is the optimal fragmentation percentage? I was told it should be considerably lower, percentage-wise, than where I am at now, however I admit I am at something of a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
There will always be some files that it can't defrag. The percentage you have seems quite high.

Try Auslogics Defrag and see what it says. We highly recommend it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

however I am not sure what to do other than run the CCleaner and Defraggler programs to help speed up my OS.

One thing is not to use a ny registry cleaner like what is included with Ccleaner. They tend to do more harm then good and will not help with your system speed at all.
Second of all there are a few steps we can take to help increase the speed of your system. 123Runner and myself assist each other a lot but I think we need to take a step back and start with cleaning before we defrag. Hopefully you understand 12Runner as I think defragging before getting rid of some things is useless.
Lets start with some basic autoruns and startup items.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:
1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 June 2010 - 07:18 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Hopefully you understand 12Runner as I think defragging before getting rid of some things is useless.

Not a problem Rshaffer61.

I didn't catch what you are responding to (the "don't know what to do other than defrag and CCleaner")

Do the autoruns and then TFC or ATF and see what other issues pop up.

123runner

RyanT1000

RyanT1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
OK... I've posted the Autoruns.txt log below. As for the CCleaner registry application, I have in fact used it before, but generally not often. I've used it occasionally, and mostly just after I uninstall a program. When I speak about using the CCleaner program, I normally use the 'cleaner' only, not the registry application on a regular basis. I hope that gives some context to when I spoke about using the CCleaner program earlier.

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "00TCrdMain" "TOSHIBA Flash Cards" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\flashcards\tcrdmain.exe"
+ "Adobe ARM" "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager" "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\adobearm.exe"
+ "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher" "Adobe Acrobat SpeedLauncher" "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\reader_sl.exe"
+ "Apoint" "Alps Pointing-device Driver" "Alps Electric Co., Ltd." "c:\program files\apoint2k\apoint.exe"
+ "Autorun Eater" "Old McDonald" "Old McDonald's Farm" "c:\program files\autorun eater\oldmcdonald.exe"
+ "avast5" "avast! Antivirus" "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastui.exe"
+ "Camera Assistant Software" "traybar" "Chicony" "c:\program files\camera assistant software for toshiba\traybar.exe"
+ "HP Software Update" "Hewlett-Packard Product Assistant" "Hewlett-Packard Co." "c:\program files\hp\hp software update\hpwuschd2.exe"
+ "HSON" "HotStartOn" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\tbs\hson.exe"
+ "KeNotify" "KeNotify MFC Application" "" "c:\program files\toshiba\utilities\kenotify.exe"
+ "LogMeIn GUI" "LogMeIn Desktop Application" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\program files\logmein\x86\logmeinsystray.exe"
+ "PhilipsDM" "LaunchDM" "Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V." "c:\program files\philips\philips device manager\bin\launchdm.exe"
+ "QuickTime Task" "QuickTime Task" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe"
+ "RtHDVCpl" "HD Audio Control Panel" "Realtek Semiconductor" "c:\windows\rthdvcpl.exe"
+ "Skytel" "Realtek Voice Manager" "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." "c:\windows\skytel.exe"
+ "SmoothView" "SmoothView" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\smoothview\smoothview.exe"
+ "StartCCC" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\clistart.exe"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched" "Java™ Update Scheduler" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
+ "SVPWUTIL" "SVPWUTIL Application" "TOSHIBA" "c:\program files\toshiba\utilities\svpwutil.exe"
+ "SynTPEnh" "Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements" "Synaptics Incorporated" "c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntpenh.exe"
+ "TkBellExe" "RealNetworks Scheduler" "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\realsched.exe"
+ "TPwrMain" "TOSHIBA Power Saver" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\power saver\tpwrmain.exe"
+ "Windows Defender" "Windows Defender User Interface" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\msascui.exe"
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" ""
+ "HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk" "HP Digital Imaging Monitor" "Hewlett-Packard Co." "c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe"
"C:\Users\Ryan1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" ""
+ "OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk" "Microsoft Office OneNote Quick Launcher" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\onenotem.exe"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "Google Update" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\users\ryan1\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "swg" "GoogleToolbarNotifier" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\googletoolbarnotifier.exe"
+ "TOSCDSPD" "CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer" "TOSHIBA" "C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Filter" "" "" ""
+ "text/xml" "Microsoft Office XML MIME Filter" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12\msoxmlmf.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler" "" "" ""
+ "ms-help" "Microsoft® Help Data Services Module" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\help\hxds.dll"
+ "ms-itss" "Microsoft® InfoTech Storage System Library" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\information retrieval\msitss.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Microsoft Windows Mail 7" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows mail\winmail.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "7-Zip" "7-Zip Shell Extension" "Igor Pavlov" "c:\program files\7-zip\7-zip.dll"
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\ashshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "7-Zip" "7-Zip Shell Extension" "Igor Pavlov" "c:\program files\7-zip\7-zip.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\Shellex\ColumnHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "PDF Shell Extension" "PDF Shell Extension" "Adobe Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\pdfshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\ashshell.dll"
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "ACE" "ACE Context Menu" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\atiacmxx.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved" "" "" ""
+ ".contact shell extension handler" "Microsoft ® Contacts DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\wab32.dll"
+ ".group shell extension handler" "Microsoft ® Contacts DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\wab32.dll"
+ "7-Zip Shell Extension" "7-Zip Shell Extension" "Igor Pavlov" "c:\program files\7-zip\7-zip.dll"
+ "Catalyst Context Menu extension" "ACE Context Menu" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\atiacmxx.dll"
+ "contact_wab_auto_file" "Microsoft ® Contacts DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\wab32.dll"
+ "For &People..." "Find People" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows mail\wabfind.dll"
+ "group_wab_auto_file" "Microsoft ® Contacts DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\wab32.dll"
+ "Microsoft Data Link" "OLE DB Core Services" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\oledb32.dll"
+ "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler" "2007 Microsoft Office component" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\msohevi.dll"
+ "Microsoft Office Metadata Handler" "Microsoft Office Shell Extension Handlers" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12\msoshext.dll"
+ "Microsoft Office OneNote Namespace Extension for Windows Desktop Search" "Microsoft Office OneNote Filter" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\onfilter.dll"
+ "Microsoft Office Thumbnail Handler" "Microsoft Office Shell Extension Handlers" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12\msoshext.dll"
+ "Microsoft.ScannersAndCameras" "Imaging Devices Control Panel" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows photo gallery\imagingdevices.exe"
+ "PhotoAcqDropTarget" "Photo Acquisition" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows photo gallery\photoacq.dll"
+ "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player" "RealPlayer Shell Extensions" "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\real\realplayer\rpshell.dll"
+ "Synaptics Control Panel" "TouchPad Control Panel Extensions" "Synaptics Incorporated" "c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntpcpl.dll"
+ "Tablet PC Input Panel" "Microsoft Tablet Input Band" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\ink\tipband.dll"
+ "Windows Contact Preview Handler" "Microsoft ® Contacts DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\wab32.dll"
+ "Windows Defender" "Windows Defender User Interface" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\msascui.exe"
+ "Windows Defender IOfficeAntiVirus implementation" "IOfficeAntiVirus Module" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpoav.dll"
+ "Windows gadget DropTarget" "Sidebar droptarget" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows sidebar\sbdrop.dll"
+ "Windows Media Player" "Windows Media Player Deskband" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpband.dll"
+ "Windows Photo Gallery Viewer Image Verbs" "Windows Photo Gallery" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows photo gallery\photoviewer.dll"
+ "Windows Photo Gallery Viewer Video Verbs" "Windows Photo Gallery" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows photo gallery\photoviewer.dll"
+ "Windows Sidebar Properties" "Windows Sidebar" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows sidebar\sidebar.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "Adobe PDF Link Helper" "Adobe PDF Helper for Internet Explorer" "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\acroiehelpershim.dll"
+ "AIM Toolbar Loader" "AIM Toolbar IE Dynamic Link Library" "AOL Inc." "c:\program files\aim toolbar\aimtb.dll"
+ "Google Toolbar Helper" "Google Toolbar" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\google toolbar\googletoolbar_32.dll"
+ "Google Toolbar Notifier BHO" "GoogleToolbarNotifier" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll"
+ "Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper" "Java™ Platform SE binary" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll"
+ "RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer" "RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin" "RealPlayer" "c:\programdata\real\realplayer\browserrecordplugin\ie\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UrlSearchHooks" "" "" ""
+ "AIM Toolbar Search Class" "AIM Toolbar IE Dynamic Link Library" "AOL Inc." "c:\program files\aim toolbar\aimtb.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" "" "" ""
+ "AIM Toolbar" "AIM Toolbar IE Dynamic Link Library" "AOL Inc." "c:\program files\aim toolbar\aimtb.dll"
+ "Google Toolbar" "Google Toolbar" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\google toolbar\googletoolbar_32.dll"
"Task Scheduler" "" "" ""
+ "\Apple\AppleSoftwareUpdate" "Apple Software Update" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\apple software update\softwareupdate.exe"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-553890476-355453393-3146650095-1000Core" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\users\ryan1\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-553890476-355453393-3146650095-1000UA" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\users\ryan1\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MP Scheduled Scan" "Windows Defender Command Line Utility" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Wired\GatherWiredInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gatherwiredinfo.vbs"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Wireless\GatherWirelessInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gatherwirelessinfo.vbs"
+ "\RealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-553890476-355453393-3146650095-1000" "RealUpgrade Launcher " "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\real\realupgrade\realupgrade.exe"
+ "\RealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-553890476-355453393-3146650095-1000" "RealUpgrade Launcher " "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\real\realupgrade\realupgrade.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "AgereModemAudio" "Agere Soft Modem Call Progress Service" "Agere Systems" "c:\windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe"
+ "Ati External Event Utility" "ATI External Event Utility EXE Module" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.exe"
+ "avast! Antivirus" "Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler." "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastsvc.exe"
+ "avast! Mail Scanner" "Implements mail scanning for avast! antivirus." "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastsvc.exe"
+ "avast! Web Scanner" "Implements web (HTTP) scanning for avast! antivirus." "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastsvc.exe"
+ "CFSvcs" "Service of ConfigFree." "TOSHIBA CORPORATION" "c:\program files\toshiba\configfree\cfsvcs.exe"
+ "gupdate1c9a1185fda2260" "Keeps your Google software up to date. If this service is disabled or stopped, your Google software will not be kept up to date, meaning security vulnerabilities that may arise cannot be fixed and features may not work. This service uninstalls itself when there is no Google software using it." "Google Inc." "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "gusvc" "Google Updater keeps your Google software up to date. If Google Updater Service is disabled or stopped, your Google software will not be kept up to date, meaning security vulnerabilities that may arise cannot be fixed and features may not work." "Google" "c:\program files\google\common\google updater\googleupdaterservice.exe"
+ "hpqcxs08" "HP CUE Context Manager Objects" "Hewlett-Packard Co." "c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqcxs08.dll"
+ "hpqddsvc" "This service detects and monitors CUE devices on the system." "Hewlett-Packard Co." "c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqddsvc.dll"
+ "IDriverT" "Provides support for the Running Object Table for InstallShield Drivers" "Macrovision Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\installshield\driver\1050\intel 32\idrivert.exe"
+ "LxrSII1s" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\lxrsii1s.exe"
+ "Net Driver HPZ12" "Dot4Net Module" "Hewlett-Packard" "c:\windows\system32\hpzinw12.dll"
+ "odserv" "Run portions of Microsoft Office Diagnostics." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office12\odserv.exe"
+ "ose" "Saves installation files used for updates and repairs and is required for the downloading of Setup updates and Watson error reports." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\source engine\ose.exe"
+ "pinger" "" "" "c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe"
+ "Pml Driver HPZ12" "PmlDrv Module" "Hewlett-Packard" "c:\windows\system32\hpzipm12.dll"
+ "Swupdtmr" "" "" "c:\toshiba\ivp\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe"
+ "TNaviSrv" "TOSHIBA Navi Support Service" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba dvd player\tnavisrv.exe"
+ "TODDSrv" "TDCSrv Application" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\toddsrv.exe"
+ "TosCoSrv" "TOSHIBA Power Saver manages power saving settings supported by TOSHIBA. These settings will not work if the service has stopped." "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\power saver\toscosrv.exe"
+ "TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service" "TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service" "TOSHIBA CORPORATION" "c:\program files\toshiba\bluetooth toshiba stack\tosbtsrv.exe"
+ "UleadBurningHelper" "ULCDRSvr" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\dvd\ulcdrsvr.exe"
+ "Viewpoint Manager Service" "Ensures Viewpoint 3D and Rich Media Technologies are up to date" "Viewpoint Corporation" "c:\program files\viewpoint\common\viewpointservice.exe"
+ "WinDefend" "Scan your computer for unwanted software, schedule scans, and get the latest unwanted software definitions." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpsvc.dll"
+ "WMPNetworkSvc" "Shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using Universal Plug and Play" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnetwk.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "37319512" "37319512 Boot Guard" "Kaspersky Lab" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\37319512.sys"
+ "AgereSoftModem" "SoftModem Device Driver" "Agere Systems" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\agrsm.sys"
+ "ApfiltrService" "Alps Touch Pad Driver" "Alps Electric Co., Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\apfiltr.sys"
+ "Aspi32" "ASPI for WIN32 Kernel Driver" "Adaptec" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aspi32.sys"
+ "aswFsBlk" "avast! mini-filter driver (aswFsBlk)" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswfsblk.sys"
+ "aswMonFlt" "avast! mini-filter driver (aswMonFlt)" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmonflt.sys"
+ "aswRdr" "avast! TDI Redirect driver" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrdr.sys"
+ "aswSP" "avast! Self Protection" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswsp.sys"
+ "aswTdi" "avast! Network Shield TDI driver" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswtdi.sys"
+ "athr" "Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver" "Atheros Communications, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\athr.sys"
+ "atikmdag" "ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys"
+ "BrFiltLo" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Lower Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltlo.sys"
+ "BrFiltUp" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Upper Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltup.sys"
+ "BrUsbSer" "Brother USB Serial Driver" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brusbser.sys"
+ "E1G60" "Intel® PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 6 deserialized driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1g60i32.sys"
+ "IntcAzAudAddService" "Realtek® High Definition Audio Function Driver" "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhda.sys"
+ "LMIInfo" "RemotelyAnywhere Kernel Information Provider" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\program files\logmein\x86\rainfo.sys"
+ "lmimirr" "LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lmimirr.sys"
+ "LMIRfsDriver" "LogMeIn Rfs Drivemap Driver" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lmirfsdriver.sys"
+ "LPCFilter" "LPCFilter" "COMPAL ELECTRONIC INC." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lpcfilter.sys"
+ "LxrSII1d" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lxrsii1d.sys"
+ "RTL8169" "Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS6 32-bit Driver " "Realtek Corporation " "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtlh86.sys"
+ "secdrv" "Macrovision SECURITY Driver" "Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys"
+ "StMp3Rec" "Recovery Mode Driver" "Generic" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\stmp3rec.sys"
+ "SynTP" "Synaptics Touchpad Driver" "Synaptics Incorporated" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\syntp.sys"
+ "tdcmdpst" "Toshiba ODD Writing Driver For x86." "TOSHIBA Corporation." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\tdcmdpst.sys"
+ "tifm21" "tifm21.sys" "Texas Instruments" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\tifm21.sys"
+ "tos_sps32" "tos_sps2" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\tos_sps32.sys"
+ "TVALZ" "TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\tvalz_o.sys"
+ "UVCFTR" "UVCFTR_S.sys" "Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\uvcftr_s.sys"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.dvacm" "Ulead DV Audio ACM Driver" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\vio\dvacm.acm"
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm"
+ "vidc.cvid" "Cinepak® Codec" "Radius Inc." "c:\windows\system32\iccvid.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "9x8Resize" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "AAC Encoder" "AACEnc" "InterVider" "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\aacenc.ax"
+ "Allocator Fix" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "ArcGetDataSample" "ArcGetDataSample" "arcsoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\arcgetdatasample.ax"
+ "ArcPutDataSample" "ArcGetDataSample" "arcsoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\arcputdatasample.ax"
+ "ArcSoft 3GP Splitter" "ArcSoft 3GP/3G2 Splitter Filter " "ArcSoft Co. " "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\3gpsplitter.ax"
+ "ArcSoft AAC Decoder" "ArcSoft AAC Decoder" "ArcSoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\aacdecode.ax"
+ "ArcSoft AMR/AAC Reader" "ArcSoft AMR/AAC Reader" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\amraacreader.ax"
+ "Arcsoft AMRDecoder" "AMRDecoder" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\amrdecoder.ax"
+ "ArcSoft Audio Decoder" "ArcSoft Audio Decoder" "ArcSoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\asaudio.ax"
+ "ArcSoft Deinterlace" "deinterlace" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\deinterlace.ax"
+ "Arcsoft DV Transition" "DV Transition Buffer" "Arcsoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\dvtransition.ax"
+ "ArcSoft H.264 Decoder" "ArcSoft H.264 Decoder (Filter)" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\h264decfilter.ax"
+ "ArcSoft H.264 Splitter" "ArcSoft H.264 Splitter (Filter)" "Arcsoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\h264splitter.ax"
+ "Arcsoft LPCM Decoder" "LPCM Decoder" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\lpcmdec.ax"
+ "ArcSoft MP4 Splitter" "ArcSoft MP4 Splitter Filter " "ArcSoft Co. (hangzhou, PRC)" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\mp4splitter.ax"
+ "ArcSoft MPEG Audio Decoder" "ArcSoft Audio Decoder" "ArcSoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\mpgaudio.ax"
+ "ArcSoft MPEG Splitter" "MPGSplitter Filter" "ArcSoft, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\arcspl.ax"
+ "ArcSoft MPEG4 Decoder" "ArcSoft MPEG4 Video Decoder (Filter)" "Arcsoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\mp4decoder.ax"
+ "ArcSoft MPEG4 Decoder" "ArcSoft H.263 Video Decoder (Filter)" "Arcsoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\h263dec.ax"
+ "Arcsoft QCELPDecoder" "ArcSoft QCELP Decoder" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\qcelpdecoder.ax"
+ "ArcSoft RealMedia Audio Decoder" "RealAudioDecoder" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\realaudiodecoder.ax"
+ "ArcSoft RealMedia Splitter" "RealMediaSplitter" "Arcsoft, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\realmediasplitter.ax"
+ "ArcSoft RealMedia Video Decoder" "RealVideoDecoder" "ArcSoft" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\realvideodecoder.ax"
+ "ArcSoft TS Stream" "MPGDemux Filter" "ArcSoft Co. (hangzhou, PRC)" "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\uarcdemux.ax"
+ "ArcSoft Video Decoder" "ArcSoft Video Decoder" "ArcSoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\uasvid.ax"
+ "Arcsoft WMV/ASF Splitter" "ArcWmvSpl" "Arcsoft, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\arcwmvspl.ax"
+ "Audio Source" "Windows Media Preview Object" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media components\encoder\wmprevu.dll"
+ "Bitmap" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Capture ASF Writer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Dib Output" "" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\diboutput.ax"
+ "Dib Receive" "" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\dibreceive.ax"
+ "DV ACM V/A Source Filter" "" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\dvsf.ax"
+ "DV V/A Source Filter" "" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\dvsf.ax"
+ "DV Video Source Filter" "" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\dvsf.ax"
+ "File Dump" "FileDump DLL" "ArcSoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\filedump.ax"
+ "Frame Eater" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Intervideo 3gFileSource" "Intervideo 3G File Source Filter" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\source3g.ax"
+ "Intervideo 3gFileWrite" "Intervideo 3G File Write Filter" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\write3g.ax"
+ "InterVideo AAC (XForm) Decoder" "InterVideo AAC Decoder" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\iviaacdec.ax"
+ "Intervideo AMR Decoder" "IVI AMR Decoding" "Intervideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\amrdec.ax"
+ "Intervideo AMR Encoder" "IVI AMR Encoding" "Intervideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\amrenc.ax"
+ "InterVideo Audio Encoder" "InterVideo?Audio Encoder Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\iviaenc.ax"
+ "InterVideo Demux" "InterVideo® MPEG System Demultiplexer Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\ividemxx.ax"
+ "InterVideo Down Scale Filter" "InterVideo® Down Scale Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\ividowns.ax"
+ "InterVideo DV Pre-Process" "InterVideo DV Pre-Process Filter" "InterVideo" "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\dvprocs.ax"
+ "InterVideo DVB DSM-CC Filter" "InterVideo DVB DSM-CC Decoder" "InterVideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\dvbdsmcc.ax"
+ "InterVideo DVB Subpicture Filter" "InterVideo DVB Subtitle Decoder" "InterVideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\dvbspic.ax"
+ "InterVideo File Writer" "InterVideo® File Writer Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\iviwrite.ax"
+ "InterVideo MPEG4 Video Decoder" "InterVideo® MPEG4 Video Decoder Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\mp4vdec.ax"
+ "InterVideo MPEG4 Video Encoder" "InterVideo® MPEG4 Video Encoder Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\mp4venc.ax"
+ "InterVideo Multiplexer" "InterVideo® MPEG System Multiplexer Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\ivimux.ax"
+ "InterVideo Pre-scaling Filter" "InterVideo® PreScale Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\iviscale.ax"
+ "InterVideo PSIP/SI Filter" "InterVideo PSIP/SI Sections/Tables Filter" "InterVideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\psidecod.ax"
+ "InterVideo Still Capture" "InterVideo® Still Capture Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\iviscapt.ax"
+ "InterVideo Stream Buffer Filter" "InterVideo Stream Buffer Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\smbuffer.ax"
+ "InterVideo Stream Writer" "InterVideo© Stream File Writer" "InterVideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\stmrite.ax"
+ "InterVideo Time Shift" "InterVideo Time Shifting Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\ivits.ax"
+ "InterVideo Transport to Program Stream" "InterVideo© Transport to Program Stream Converter" "InterVideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\trtoprog.ax"
+ "InterVideo VBI Decoder" "InterVideo VBI Decoder Filter" "InterVideo, Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\ivvbidec.ax"
+ "InterVideo Video Encoder" "InterVideo® MPEG Video Encoder Filter" "InterVideo Inc." "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\ivivenc.ax"
+ "LogMeIn Video Decoder" "LogMeIn Video Codec" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\program files\logmein\x86\racodec.ax"
+ "LogMeIn Video Encoder" "LogMeIn Video Codec" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\program files\logmein\x86\racodec.ax"
+ "MPEG2 TS Source" "" "" "c:\program files\intervideo\common\bin\mpgtsrdr.ax"
+ "Multiple File Output" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Proxy Sink" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Proxy Source" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "RealPlayer Audio Filter" "Audio Filter Plugin" "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\real\realplayer\rdsf3260.dll"
+ "RealPlayer Transcode Filter" "Audio Filter Plugin" "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\real\realplayer\rdsf3260.dll"
+ "RealPlayer Video Filter" "Audio Filter Plugin" "RealNetworks, Inc." "c:\program files\real\realplayer\rdsf3260.dll"
+ "Record Queue" "WME Record Queue" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media components\encoder\wmedque.dll"
+ "Record Queue" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "ShotDetect" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Stetch" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "TimeShift2.0 Client Filter" "Timeshift2.0 Filter" "Arcsoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\timeshift2.ax"
+ "TimeShift2.0 Server Filter" "Timeshift2.0 Filter" "Arcsoft Inc." "c:\program files\common files\arcsoft\mpeg engine\timeshift2.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA Audio Decoder DVD" "TOSHIBA Audio Decoder DVD" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba dvd player\tosauddecl.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA Audio Rate Converter" "TOSHIBA Audio Rate Converter" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\toshiba shared\tosarc.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA DualMono" "TOSHIBA DualMono" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\toshiba shared\tosdualmono.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA DVD Navigator" "TOSHIBA DVD Navigator" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba dvd player\tdvdnavi.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA DVD VR Navigator" "TOSHIBA DVD Player" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba dvd player\tvrnavi.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA MPEG-2 Video Decoder (DVD)" "TOSHIBA DVD Video Decoder Filter" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba dvd player\tosmp2dvd.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA Progress Monitor" "TOSHIBA Progress Monitor" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba disc creator\tprogmon.ax"
+ "TOSHIBA WAV Converter" "TOSHIBA Wav Converter" "TOSHIBA Corporation" "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba disc creator\twavconv.ax"
+ "Ulead Audio Dual Channel Filter" "Ulead Audio Dual Channel Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uaudiodcfilter.ax"
+ "Ulead DV Scene Detect" "ulDvScDt" "Ulead system Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\capture\uldvscdt.ax"
+ "Ulead DV Writer" "ulDVWriter" "Ulead System Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\capture\uldvrite.ax"
+ "Ulead DVB Parser" "Ulead DVB Parser Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uldvbparser.ax"
+ "Ulead DVD Audio Decoder 2" "Audio Decoder" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uldvdaudio.ax"
+ "Ulead DVD Navigator" "DVD Navigator filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\dvd\uleaddvdnavigator.ax"
+ "Ulead DVD Video decoder 2" "DVD Video Decoder with DxVA Support" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uldvdvideo.ax"
+ "ULead File Source (Async.)" "Ulead Async Filter" "Ulead Systems" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulasync.ax"
+ "ULead File Writer" "File Dump Filter" "ULead Systems" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\uldump.ax"
+ "ULead Infinite Pin Tee" "Ulead Infinite Tee Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uinftee.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG Audio Decoder" "Audio Decoder" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uldvdaudio.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG Encoder" "MPEG Encoder and Muxer" "ULead Systems" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulesmpeg.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG Muxer" "MPEG Muxer" "ULead Systems" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulmxmpeg.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG Splitter" "ULead Mpeg I/II Splitter" "ULead Systems" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulspmpeg.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG Transcoder" "ulMPGTrans" "Ulead com" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulmpgtrans.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG Video Decoder" "MPEG Video and Audio Decoder" "ULead Systems" "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uldsmpeg.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG-4 Audio Decoder" "MP4 AAC Audio Decoder Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uladmp4.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG-4 Splitter" "MP4 Splitter Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulspmp4.ax"
+ "Ulead MPEG-4 Video Decoder" "MP4 Video Decoder Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulvdmp4.ax"
+ "Ulead Ogg Parser" "ulOggParserFilter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uloggparserfilter.ax"
+ "Ulead OggVorbis Decoder" "ulOggVorbisDecoderFilter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uloggvorbisdecoderfilter.ax"
+ "Ulead OggVorbis Encoder" "ulOggVorbisEncoderFilter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\uloggvorbisencoderfilter.ax"
+ "Ulead Push Source Filter" "Ulead Push Source Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulpushsource.ax"
+ "Ulead Sub-Picture Push Source Filter" "Ulead Sub-Picture Push Source Filter" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\mpeg\ulsubpicpushsource.ax"
+ "Ulead Video Deinterlace Filter" "" "Ulead Systems, Inc." "c:\program files\common files\ulead systems\filters\deinterlace.ax"
+ "Video Source" "Windows Media Preview Object" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media components\encoder\wmprevu.dll"
+ "WM VIH2 Fix" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMEnc Screen Capture Filter" "WMESrcWp Module" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media components\encoder\wmesrcwp.dll"
+ "WMT Audio Analyzer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Black Frame Generator" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT DV Extract Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT FormatConversion" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Import Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Interlacer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Log Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT MuxDeMux Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Sample Info Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Switch Filter" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Renderer" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Source" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Volume" "Windows Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers" "" "" ""
+ "LogMeInCredProv" "LogMeIn Remote Control Helper" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\lmiinit.dll"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors" "" "" ""
+ "LIDIL hpzll4v2" "LanguageMonitor" "Hewlett-Packard Company" "c:\windows\system32\hpzll4v2.dll"
+ "LIDIL hpzlllhn" "LanguageMonitor" "Hewlett-Packard Company" "c:\windows\system32\hpzlllhn.dll"
+ "LogMeIn Printer Port Monitor" "RemotelyAnywhere Printer Port Monitor" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\lmiport.dll"
+ "Toshiba Bluetooth Monitor" "" "TOSHIBA CORPORATION." "c:\windows\system32\tbtmon.dll"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order" "" "" ""
+ "LMIRfsClientNP" "LogMeIn Virtual Disk Network" "LogMeIn, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\lmirfsclientnp.dll"
"C:\Users\Ryan1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Settings.ini" "" "" ""
+ "Battery status" "A simple gadget which displays basic informations about the battery." "Asysoft" "C:\Users\Ryan1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\BatteryStatus.gadget\Gadget.xml"
+ "iWeather 2.0" "The weather and time for anywhere in the world." "Fortunate" "C:\Users\Ryan1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\iWeather02.0.gadget\en-US\Gadget.xml"

EDIT: I did delete seven or eight (I lost count) 'file not found' entries. I was asked for administrator permission through 'system internals,' if I recall the term correctly, once to delete one of the files, but otherwise, I was able to delete the files without incident.

Edited by RyanT1000, 12 June 2010 - 03:01 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK mow time to get serious.
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "Adobe ARM"
+ "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"
+ "QuickTime Task"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"
+ "TkBellExe"
+ "Google Update"
+ "swg" "GoogleToolbarNotifier"

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

RyanT1000

RyanT1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Sorry it's taken so long to get back with you - I downloaded TFC and Auslogics. After TFC, I ran Auslogics, and it took about 5 or so minutes to complete. It said I had approximately 480 fragments, and it defragmented them all - or so it said. According to Auslogics, I was at 0.81% fragmentation before the run, and at 0.0% fragmentation after I ran the program.

I also ran the optimizer following the defragmentation, and it took about 10 minutes to complete... "optimizing" ~7,000 files. I checked the "system health" tab with Auslogics, and apparently, I have 7 junk files and 38 registry errors on my PC. I was curious to see what the Piriform program had to say after running Auslogics, and it still registers a 29% fragmentation rate, 138 fragments, and 23 fragmented files (19.0GB). Should I be concerned about the discrepancy between the two programs? Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope as different defrags read differently.
I don't suggest using any optimizer or registry cleaning program as they normally cause more trouble then they fix.
How is the system running now that you have done the steps before?

RyanT1000

RyanT1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference. Would you suggest I purchase 'registry fixer' software to correct the issues that Auslogics identified?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

I don't suggest using any optimizer or registry cleaning program as they normally cause more trouble then they fix.

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there. Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

Link to "Why not to use a Registry cleaner"

http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

RyanT1000

RyanT1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I am so sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I had a family emergency, and wasn't able to respond until now. I did run the 'Chkdsk /r' command prompt, and rebooted my computer. It did take a few hours - roughly 4 hours in total - to complete the scan. I checked it a few times, and I wrote down a few 'assessments': 0 bad file records, 0 EA records, and 0 unindexed files. It eventually rebooted back into Windows, and it appears to be running about the same. I don't notice much of a difference one way or another.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
As mentioned before some files cannot be defragged. System files normally will not be moved as it is important for them to remain in the same area.
What total fragmentation does your program show now?
How is the system running other then the fragment?

RyanT1000

RyanT1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you again. I had to go out of town for a funeral, and I just got back home. My laptop appears to be running rather well. It is still a little slow on the start up, but I think that is typical for Toshiba. Maybe it was the fact I was away from it for a while, but it appears to be doing better than before. Thank you for all your help! :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Some techs and members do not agree with my next statement but I will pass this along to you.
In post 6 I suggested the TFC and Auslogics Defrag programs. I would suggest running them once a week to keep the system in order and free from any residual files that could slow your system down.
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)