Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

time a computer crashed

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Is there a way to see what time a computer died? I checked the event log but I do not see anything there. It's not really that important but it is bugging me. I am running XP home.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I'm curious. How can you get to event log, since you say, the computer died?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What do you mean by "a computer died"? Freezed? shut down? restart? Would you like us to help solving the problem at its root, if yes, please be more specific and tell us what happens.

If the incident is not registered in the event viewer then I don't know of any other way to find when the computer "died".

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I was just wondering if there was a way to find out when a computer crashes. Like I said the event viewer does not show when normal activity stops.

I guess 'died' was a bad way to put it. You know after a crash for what ever reason you can sometime get it to boot up - that's how I get to the event viewer.

I really do not think there is a way but I just thought I would give it a try.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, I think, you have start with describing, what's wrong with your computer.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I am not asking for help in preventing my computer from crashing because there is nothing wrong with it at this time. All I wanted was a way to see what time it stopped working for any reason. I can log the time I boot up and shut down normally using a batch file, but I wanted a time if the computer crashed. I guess there is no way of telling unless I can run a batch file in the back ground that keeps sampling the time and writing the time to a text file using replace. Then if the computer crashed the time it went down would be recorded in the text file.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm not aware of such utility, but it doesn't mean, it doesn't exist...

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Ok Broni thanks for the try. I guess there is not a real need for such a program and that is why it probably does not exist. Thanks again for the input.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome Posted Image

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
The only ones that come to mind.

Who Crashed for drivers.
Blue Screen View for BSOD analysis.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hey 123 Runner those programs sound interesting. I think I will give both a try and see what comes up. Hopefully no crashes but just in case :) Thanks