Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD rom can't load certain disks

• Please log in to reply

nao_shines

nao_shines

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi, I've been having this problem with my dvd rom drive.
I can play some games fine, like Sims 2, but I can't play Sims 3 or Silent hill 4...

When I put the disk in the drive, it doesn't load. The green light stays on for a while, then disappears. When I go to My computer and double click on the drive it says "Please insert a disk into drive E" but it's in there...

I'm not sure about Sims 3, but I do know that my computer can handle Silent Hill 4, because I played it before (a downloaded version), so I don't think it's my graphic card.

This is my drive:
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B
16X MAX SPEED

Do I need a better one?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
First of all, see if those disks, which don't work on your computer will work on another computer.

nao_shines

nao_shines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
That might take me a while...and I don't think it's the disks themselves but ok...Thanks for your help.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Let us know.

nao_shines

nao_shines

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Isn't there anything else you can tell me? I know it's not the disks...

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
When optical drive starts to be picky, in most cases, it means, it's dying, that's why I wanted you to check those disks in another computer.