Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet is working with Firefox but not with IE (and others)

• Please log in to reply

Krysis09

Krysis09

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with connecting to the internet with Internet Explorer. My internet connection is fine (since I can connect using Firefox), but when I try to connect to web pages with IE, it fails saying, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I also am unable to update/patch games/virus updates because I am unable to "connect" to their servers/networks. I feel like my inability to connect to these game and virus protection servers is tied to my inability to connect to the internet while using IE.

I've tried both "tinkering" with Internet Options within IE as well as disabling my Firewall. I'm thinking it may be a virus issue that's messing with my ability to communicate with certain networks.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Marc Billow

Marc Billow

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Before we jump to pointing fingers at viruses, you might want to try to clear all IE's settings and preferences to make sure its not a settings issue...

Open Internet Explorer
Tools > Internet Options
Advanced Tab
Reset Button and On The Next Windows Make Sure you Check Delete Personal Settings!!!
Hit Close then Restart IE

If that doesn't work then it might be a virus..in which case you would need to post in the appropriate section of the forum!

Krysis09

Krysis09

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Heh, that worked...

Marc Billow

Marc Billow

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Your Welcome! :)

Tim Peacy

Tim Peacy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I read your posting and it worked just fine for me also. I thank you very much.

Marc Billow

Marc Billow

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Well your VERY welcome! Also I see you are a new member here at Geeks To Go, so I would like to give you a welcome to the gang :) !