Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rundll causing exsessive cpu usage, and really bad performance

• Please log in to reply

natu

natu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Everytime I go on my laptop, during a session I will repeadtly get 2 rundll's in the processes list. I can tell when they appear because the laptop fan will increase speed rapidly. The strange thing is, if I don't end the 2 processes straight away, my CPU usage remains at 100%, the computer will then after about 2 minutes become almost useless. it doesn't crash or close any programs, but everything goes really slow. The mouse will still move fine, and the cursor will change from the loading symbol to the mouse pointer perfectly fine, but whatever programs I have running will become non responsive, and pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC won't work, neither will CTRL+ALT+DEL. I've ran both Malwarebytes and Norton 360, but nothing comes up. It's a really annoying thing, and even if i end the rundll proceses, they return anywhere beetween 10-30 minutes later. Any help much appreciated.

Computer Specs:
Compaq Presario CQ61, Windows 7 Ultimate [Ships with Windows Vista Home Premium)
Procesor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz

Edited by Rorschach112, 14 June 2010 - 06:13 AM.
removed clean log

Advertisements