Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No CD drive access with Vista

• Please log in to reply

realself

realself

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you first of all, for your wonderful forum where hopeless non-geeks like me can find help with their computer miseries. I have a "challenging" problem I hope you can shed light on.

Alarming situation: when I insert a CD, and prompt MediaMonkey to rip from the CD, I get an error message: No audio CD was found. Please insert a CD. with Media Player, a CD will play automatically, now no response at all. And the CD drive does not show up in Explore.

Possibly insoluble: First off, I used all your security suggestions to great effect. My computer runs so much better now! HOwever: Revo Uninstaller got the best of me, and I went a little nuts, with the euphoria of my computer speeding up (barely to normal, but..). I uninstalled WinDVD (and Click to DVD, but that has to be bloatware, no?), and now my computer wont recognize CDs in the player; no rip, no transfer to MP3 player, no happiness (less, at any rate). My computer is Sony Vaio VGN-TZ150N with Vista Business. If it's not the lack of WinDVD, what is it? possibly Click to DVD? Separating bloatware from integralware(?) is a #$@%&!! Your help would be much appreciated. P.S. Tried downloading and installing all the CD drivers and WinDVD software (an update) from esupport.sony, and no go. My computer says CD drivers are current and properly installed.

hangdoggedly yours,
realself

Advertisements