Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AOL emails being sent on my behalf (DODGY)

• Please log in to reply

beverleyjns

beverleyjns

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi

Everytime Ilog into my AOL ac I have emails back from MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com as it appears I have been sending emails to all in my contact list entitled HEY! it then reads :

hey,how are you?
I find a nice site recently, maybe you like it.
one-stop trade services & High-quality,
competitive price & Lowest shipping cost & Fast door to door shipping
I bought some from them, good qualities with good price.
interested? visit: www.ecphones.com
I am sure you will love it.
Yours !

I take it this is a dodgy email and that my friendsa are not supposed to open and click on the link but how do I stop these going out and prevent any future emails being sent.

Thanks Bev

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't. They are spoof emails made to look as if you sent them.

All it basically means is you've given your email address out at some point (typically on a web forum like this) or posted it somewhere and automated scripts have found it and added it to spam lists. The only real solution to this is to change email addresses.

All mailer-daemon is the email equivalent of sending a letter to somebody and having it sent back to you because the house number and the street name you put on the envelope doesn't exist.

beverleyjns

beverleyjns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks for that Neil I was afraid you'd say that lol I've deleted all my contacts and am slowly unsubscribing myself from everything I've subscribed to. Is it any danger to me at all if I don't change my address i've got everything logged to this one.

Thanks Bev

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, you don't have to isolate yourself on the internet.
Just delete the emails in question. That's all you do if you don't want to change email address.