Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

BD-Rom ?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok soo. Here is what I did, what happened and what ensued. I did run winaudit and no hardware problems or errors were detected. I installed another sata drive in my box for some extra storage. Plugged everything back in and the trouble began. I kept getting nothing but a black screen with a huge white mouse arrow on it. I could not even F8 into a boot menu, esc into setup or del into setup. So I did the only other thing I could think of and I took the battery out of the motherboard for 30 minutes to reset everything. I was then able to get back into my computer. I formatted the drive I installed and had to go through the same process again. Now I look at my cd drive and it went from a CD-Rom to a BD-Rom and recognizes, no DVD, Blank or otherwise written, no CD and no music cd.

I am now also getting a "CMOS Checksum error defaults loaded"

Very confused about all of this, have any questions please ask me.

Edited by spsanderson, 17 June 2010 - 04:19 PM.