Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laggish problem

• Please log in to reply

Towley

Towley

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have windows XP and an 8X dudl dvd drive. Ever since I got XP (use to be 98) wich was last christmas, my games have been laggy. It is not because of my ping or IP or anything like that. It happens on every single one of my games. There are still some games from Christmas that i still havent played because of this problem. My games worked perfect on my 98 as in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It worked fast and really good on 98 but I can't even play it now. But I do not want to go back to 98. It is not my memory because i put in another stick last month. I just dont know wut to do... :tazz:

Advertisements

WhiteLion

WhiteLion

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
How much RAM does your machine currently have? Windows XP requires more RAM than 98 does.

Please post your system specs so we can fully address your problem.

Towley

Towley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
my computer specs are: (i think their all right)

Nvidia 4400
AMD Athlon™ XP 1700+
CPU Speed: 133/133MHz
524288KB-RAM

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
ur cpu is 133mhz. are you sure? on the internet, its listed as having a core speed of 1.47. anyway, i dont know wut to tell you except get a new graphics card. even so, that graphics card should be able to do it and since it worked before, it should work now. check your system resources and stuff and stop runnin any useless crap. that could be the problem. try not using anything while running games.