Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound through speakers or headphones

• Please log in to reply

beisbolct

beisbolct

• Pip
  • 8 posts
After SweetTech helped me clean up a malware issue, he recommended I come over to this section of the forum.

I am currently not getting sound through my headphones or speakers. Ironically enough, when I was using my magicjack last night, I heard sound from the computer through that.

It was working fine last Friday before the malware issues but even after fixing that, there's still no sound.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 running Windows XP

Any ideas as to what it might be?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,507 posts
The best way to start trouble shooting sound issues in XP, is to follow the directions Here.This covers all the basics and moves in a step by step fashion.

zep516

beisbolct

beisbolct

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your response.

I went through the steps and there was no conflict or anything like that. Driver is installed and updated.

But I still have no sound.

beisbolct

beisbolct

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
We can mark this problem as solved. It turns out there was nothing wrong at all.

The problem is that there is a manual wheel for the volume underneath the Satellite logo on the computer. It was turned all the way down. A simple turn of the wheel fixed the problem entirely.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by beisbolct, 15 June 2010 - 02:13 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,507 posts
Very well then! Glad you got it sorted out.

zep516