Don't think you can legally download XP anywhere. Might be able to fix your computer tho.
First tho, download Autorun Eater v2.4. http://oldmcdonald.w...orun-eater-v24/
to your good computer and install it. It will protect the good one if you move a USB drive from it to the sick puppy and back again.
On the sick computer
ThinkVantage Access Connections
(It's broken and might be part of the problem.)
* Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
* Double-click on the My Computer icon.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* After the new window appears select the View tab.
* Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
* Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
* Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
* Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
* Press the Apply button and then the OK button and exit My Computer.
* Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.
Now do Start, Run, cmd, OK to bring up a new Command window (or you can do Start, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt). Type with an Enter after each line in the code box. I use two spaces so you will be sure to see where one space goes:
attrib -r -h -s helper32.dll
(if it says it can't find it then skip the next step)
(It will scan your critical system files and try to replace any it finds that are bad. IF it asks for a CD just tell it to skip.)
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
Reboot and see if things are better now. If not don't give up. We can run some other test to see what went wrong.