Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with BF2 Patching

• Please log in to reply

alor12

alor12

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just installed BF2 with my CD installation and it comes with patch version 1.1 . I downloaded patch 1.41 from EA's website link and downloaded it successfully, and at the end of installation it says it successfully installed. However, when i go into in BF2 at the main menu it says the patch version is still the old one. It does not look like anything has changed and it truly is the old patch version since I am still unable to see any online servers or any other change from the patch. I'm wondering if I was supposed to open the patch file some certain way or save it some certain way.... or if anyone has a solution in general.

Advertisements

Rasen_Shurik3n

Rasen_Shurik3n

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
You could try this patch

http://www.filefront...ld-2-Patch-v1.5

alor12

alor12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok well I was able to install 1.41 it turns out i had it the whole time ( I didn't realize all the patches start as 1.1 except for 1.5), and I was able to see a few online servers when i made a proper multilayer account (I retrieved my old one). now i have a new problem, I can't download patch 1.5. I have tried the link you gave me as well as two other respected sites and every time the download stops coming short of the complete thing. For example, the actual size is 1.9GB but it will only download up to say 1.3GB then close. The patch also shows up on my desktop as a different icon than it should be (instead of being the install shield icon it comes up as a window). I had a relative download the patch successfully on his computer, open it successfully, and put it on a flash drive to transfer into my computer. However, my computer would still not recognize the application and would not open it at all when i click open. When removing the flash drive I would get the error message "application failed to initialize (0xc0000006), click ok to terminate the application. I ran a AVG virus scan and found nothing. Weird thing is it only does this with the BF2 1.5 patch..... It seems like the windows website suggests reformating or repairing??? I don't really want to do this because I don't want to do serious work on my comp like that for a problem that looks like is caused by something specific. Anyone have anything to say on this issue?

Rasen_Shurik3n

Rasen_Shurik3n

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Well, did you try searching if the specific patch comes with this error?

alor12

alor12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
a friend recommended i try opening the file in safe mode, and it for some reason worked. It opened and successfully installed then i exited safe mode and the game was working with version 1.5. Anyone who is having a similar problem can try safe mode... I never thought of it. thanks for the help.