Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

isass.exe ?

• Please log in to reply

Technology_Moron

Technology_Moron

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First of all, sorry im new to this, so im not sure if im posting in the right place :)

Anyway, When i start my computer up a pop up window comes up with 'isass.exe- unable to locate component' at the top then it says- This application failed to start becase themed32.dll was not found re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I cannot log into safe mode or anything, after the pop up comes up, the computer screen stays blank with just my desktop background picture on for about 5 minutes and then switches itself off.

Is there anyway i can fix this, bearing in mind that i have no idea about computers? Or should i just call in a professional ?

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Technology_Moron-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I suggest taking a look at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system. If that doesn't solve your problem, post a new thread in the Removal Help for Virus, Malware, Rootkit, Search Redirect Forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to this thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).