Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system slowing down and crashing

• Please log in to reply

iamjohn

iamjohn

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hello!

I have a Dell Studio laptop which has started to play up, slow down and sometimes crash.

The laptop is 6 months old, it is a Dell Studio 1555, running Windows 7, with an Intel Core P7450 processor, 4Gb RAM and 500GB ROM.

Initially I had trouble with my flash player and ended up uninstalling the sound card (which reinstalled on start up) and seemed to work. Then it slowed right down on start up, after logging in I sometimes get a black screen for a couple of minutes before the desktop loads and sometimes it fails to load entirely. Recently I have also had problems running programmes, when playing music on media player the song will stop for a few seconds before resuming. I also use Full Tilt Poker, which has taken to crashing too.

I haven't really done anything yet to solve the problems as I don't know where to start. There is plenty of RAM available, the virus scan comes back clean and the disk has recently been cleaned and defragmented.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is becoming fairly frustrating now. Thanks very much in advance,

John

Edited by iamjohn, 16 June 2010 - 01:51 AM.

Advertisements