Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hardware

• Please log in to reply

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
This should be a simple fix, on my friends comp i just built, I loaded XP pro and it worked fine. Then one day, after the os loaded, it said new hardware detected and immediatly gave him a bsod.
:tazz:

specs are:
P4 1.6gig
80gig hd
foxconn 648FXMR-ES mb
some kinda ati card

Nixx

Advertisements

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
bump

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
What error message was with the bsod?

What happens when he boots up now?

Rick

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
you mean the number? i have no clue, just some fatal exception i think. the message came up after windows loaded into the desktop. then a popup in the corner said new hardware detected and bsod was next. im taking a look at the comp ttoday after school so I can give more details.

Nixx

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Just lookes at it accually, turnes out the old OS automatically booted when he took out the XP disk (no liscence yet) so were trying to reinstall XP. any suggestions?

Nixx