Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What to do with .eml pics

• Please log in to reply

Dan F

Dan F

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I took some pics at a recent event with my wife's camera. She downloaded them to her MAC and sent them to me. I have windows XP sp3. The pics came as .eml .
Having to use Outlook Express, I opened the pics. I would like to post them on Facebook and open them with Picasa (which I use to organize, edit and view my pics). I am unable to do any thing with the pics. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Daniel.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I am unable to do any thing with the pics

"Anything" like what?

Dan F

Dan F

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I can't edit them, move them or send them, post them.

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I found this by googling,

Hello! For some reason .jpg files which your friend sent you become .eml. So, only you need to do to solve this is following: save this file to your desktop (or wherever you want), right click on it, then choose Rename and change it extension in .jpg. Now you will be ale to open this picture. Hope this helps you!

I didnt try it, but let us know.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did your wife send those pictures as attachments?
This is, what she should have done.