Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 incomplete startup and problems with sleep

• Please log in to reply

pabadger

pabadger

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi,
I recently got an HPp6404y desktop with windows 7/. Sometimes when it is done starting up it won't start any program. It acts like it is ok but then when i click to start something I get the blue circle. I can't even shut down or restart. It doesn't happen every time I boot up though. My solution has been to forcibly shut down using the power button and restarting until the system starts up stable. Once that happens I can run it without problems.

This also may be happening when it comes out of sleep, but sometimes when it comes out of sleep i just need to wait a few minutes and the computer catches up with itself.

I also have suspicions that it is not starting everything on startup but am less sure about that.

I am pretty sure this is not a malware problem since i just dealt with what is likely a false positive on the malware forum here.

Any idea what is going on?

Thank you for your help,
Pabadger

Advertisements