Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My keyboard isnt working!

• Please log in to reply

el94306

el94306

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A50 which I havent been using for a long time and recently started working with. When I'm booting up i can access the bios settings by pressing esc and then f1 and while in bios i can press a and c. basically my keyboard works fine in bios and before booting up. But after I get into windows the left side of the keyboard doesnt work anymore. The keys include everything left of 6,y, h, n, space bar, and keys near the backspace area.

I tried changing the num lock and the other fn settings but none of them seems to work. I tried changing the settings in the bios but that doesnt seem to work either unless theres a method that i missed. The keys doesnt work regardless if num lock is on or off.

Only thing that worked for me is that when I turn num lock on and hold a and z together, all the keys can be typed and keyboard works normally (aside from having to keep on holding the keys)
I also noticed that when i do this, the light for num lock switches (on to off or if it was off, it turns on).

This problem happens when i install both windows 7 and xp so it shouldn't be the os's problem.

If it helps, the usb keyboard that i plugged in is working fine.

Any advice?

Advertisements

radarbugs

radarbugs

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i am no expert but maybe go to toshiba site and see if you can download the driver. i have found on my machine that if a driver is out of date, it won't work properly. JMO.
later,
radar