Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop for College

• Please log in to reply

Peddament

Peddament

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I need to get a laptop for college. I will be using my desktop for gaming, and the laptop for mostly school work. I would like the laptop to be as "high end" as possible though. I would like to be able to play games on it as well, so that i can play games on a mobile computer. I want a laptop that has all the academic needs that i will face too. My price range is between $1,500 and $2,000 (perferably not much higher than $1,800 though). What is the best i can do? I want to get the most out of it. I would like it to play DVDs. CD-R is not necessary, but it would be nice if possible. Please assist me however you can. Thank you.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Welcome to GTG
Frist thing I would do is check with the college that your going to most of them run deals that you can get it right at the college. an dit will have every thing you need on it.
<_<

Chexee

Chexee

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
From your price range it looks like you can probably get a pretty nice one, capable for game and school necesities.

As for school work, you really don't need anything too fancy. I think you should be looking more at software, rather than bulking up your laptop.

Peddament

Peddament

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
But what should i get and from whom? Should i get a dell or something? Recommendations would be excellent.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Check out this configuration. (Hopefully the cart will work).
http://www.shopping....c...&catLevel=2

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Well i just worked on a customized dell 600M and it waz very nice, but i think dell still charges too much for the logo so i looked around on the net and found

https://cart.bcentra.....Fproducts.htm

you might wanna give them a call- plus that comes with a 3 year warrenty <_<