Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer doesnt boot..

• Please log in to reply

orotzkie

orotzkie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
my computer didnt boot to windows and have to unplug to turn it off...the lcd monitor doesnt turn on and always on standby mode...fan running leds light up hard drive powers up..i think its a mother board problem...is there any thing i can do first before i turn it back to the store because my computer still on warranty...

or maybe because of the malware and image driver i installed???please need help..if its because of the image driver all of my units need to un install the driver

Edited by orotzkie, 16 June 2010 - 05:04 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,779 posts
Hi orotzkie :) sorry to hear you are having problems with your computer.
You need to provide more information about your computer, is it a laptop or desktop
custom built or a named brand such as dell, hp etc (provide model name or number).
The more information you can provide will enable others to help you better.
One possible way of solving this problem is by clearing the MB CMOS, but if you open
the case to do this & there is a seal on the case it can invalidate your warranty, so
check this 1st.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

is there any thing i can do first before i turn it back to the store because my computer still on warranty...

Unless this can be resolved through software I would suggest taking it in for warranty repair.
Since the system is non bootable I see no way to do any diagnostics on the system.
How old is the system?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

or maybe because of the malware and image driver i installed???

Whats this about?

Will it boot in safe mode?
If so uninstall, or restore to a previous time.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

my computer didnt boot to windows and have to unplug to turn it off...the lcd monitor doesnt turn on and always on standby mode

Have you tried a different monitor?
Are you sure the monitor is plugged into the system correctly and completely?

orotzkie

orotzkie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
this is a desk top...i change the connection of the video card i use the vga and connect the video card from mother board to the monitor..then it boot to windows, but when i turn it on again the next day it didnt boot again and then i use again the other cable (is it DVI?)it connects directly to the monitor..
my unit is 4 months old
processor-amd athlon x2 240
mother board-emaxx mcpgi-icafe
flat screen monitor-hanns.g
video card sapphire 1gb hd4350..

thank you for all of you replies..really helps for analyzing my problem...

im so sorry about my grammar...

Edited by orotzkie, 17 June 2010 - 05:08 AM.

orotzkie

orotzkie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
is it a laptop or desktop
custom built or a named brand such as dell, hp etc (provide model name or number).
The more information you can provide will enable others to help you better.
One possible way of solving this problem is by clearing the MB CMOS,

thanks for your reply...how do i clear the MB CMOS??

his is a desk top...i change the connection of the video card i use the vga and connect the video card from mother board to the monitor..then it boot to windows, but when i turn it on again the next day it didnt boot again and then i use again the other cable (is it DVI?)it connects directly to the monitor..
my unit is 4 months old

thank you for all of you replies..really helps for analyzing my problem...

orotzkie

orotzkie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

or maybe because of the malware and image driver i installed???

Whats this about?

Will it boot in safe mode?
If so uninstall, or restore to a previous time.

it also didnt boot to safe mode...

this is a desk top...i change the connection of the video card i use the vga and connect the video card from mother board to the monitor..then it boot to windows, but when i turn it on again the next day it didnt boot again and then i use again the other cable (is it DVI?)it connects directly to the monitor..
my unit is 4 months old

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

You would need to open the case and look for a battery about the size of a quarter. There is usually a jumper close to it that will say "clear cmos" Remove the jumper from the pins it is on to the other pins for a couple minutes. Then place the jumper back on the original pins.
If no jumper, remove the battery. Usually there is a little clip on the side of the battery that needs to be depressed to allow removal.

[attachment=42687:Battery_...m_cr2032.jpg]

What we need you to also do is try another monitor. Borrow one if you have to. The monitor could be bad.

orotzkie

orotzkie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

You would need to open the case and look for a battery about the size of a quarter. There is usually a jumper close to it that will say "clear cmos" Remove the jumper from the pins it is on to the other pins for a couple minutes. Then place the jumper back on the original pins.
If no jumper, remove the battery. Usually there is a little clip on the side of the battery that needs to be depressed to allow removal.

[attachment=42687:Battery_...m_cr2032.jpg]

What we need you to also do is try another monitor. Borrow one if you have to. The monitor could be bad.

thanks a lot..your reply really helps...i really appreciate it....i guess its my monitor..i have 5 lc monitors but all of them are not available .. i think i had to provide another one..

orotzkie

orotzkie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
guys funally i had found out the problem..its my video card it my computer didnt detects my ati adapter ..id ont know how to activate it..then i reinstall the drivers but it didnt complete the installation..i dont really know the problem is...NET 2.0 needs to be installed but it doesnt complete the intallation..
please help me someone out there who had the same problem before
thanks a lot