Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recovering photos from a data DVD

• Please log in to reply

shinyhalo

shinyhalo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi. I have a DVD that i burned a few years ago with photos and also some mp3 tracks in folders. When I put the DVD in the drive the only files that appear are the mp3 files and not the folders that have the photos in. The photos HAVE to be somewhere on the disc but the computer seems to skip over them. Is there a way to recuperate the photos from the disc with a piece of software that will scan the disc properly? The disc doesnt seemed to be damaged at all. thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A computer will only show you what's on the drive and it cannot make things appear that may not be there. It cannot pick and choose, it'll either show you everything or nothing on that disk.
Have you tried this disk on other machines? How has this disc been kept? Has it been left in the sun or next to magnetic devices such as hi-fi speakers for example?

shinyhalo

shinyhalo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no nothing to do with that at all. ive had an answer on another board thanks. its all about multisessions apparently.