Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install newest version of itunes on xp

• Please log in to reply

macygirl

macygirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't know if I am even in the right forum...this is all new to me. Anyway, here goes:

I have an older version of itunes and my ipod died. Went out to get another and I need the newest version of itunes to use it. Downloaded the newer version, went to install, almost done and got an error message: Bonjour services failed to start make sure you have sufficient privilidges. Cancel or Retry?

This is what I have done so far (or at least some of what I have done).

Uninstall itunes and try to reinstall. (numerous times)
disable firewalls while installing.
turn computer off after uninstall, turn off after new download then try to reinstall.
type service.msg in the run and then right clicked on bonjour after getting error message; went into log on and made sure the hardware was enabled.(this was interesting as I know nothing about computers)
uninstalled the apple mobile device something or other and then installed itunes successfully until I went to used ipod and it isn't recognized because I don't have that. (so was this)
Called itunes support several times and now they tell me to remove windows xp and then reinstall. UUUGGGGHHH!!

Can anyone help me out?

Very frustrated! I know I am missing a bunch of other things I have tried, but like I said, I don't know much about computers!

Thanks so much!

Advertisements