Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to update windows/programs & SVCHost runnin wild.

• Please log in to reply

F22Reject

F22Reject

• Pip
  • 1 posts
No clue where to begin ~ suppose with SVCHost. Awhile back, maybe a week or two i noticed my PC started slowing down & that SVC was eating a chunk of my CPU usage. I was able to kill it outa Task Manager, but that resulted in various windows programs not working. I d/led "Procexp" which turned out to be a fancy task manager, and i looked into SVChost program that was eating my CPU usage. It looked legit, so i didn't bother with it. Instead i decided i needed to update my windows/security. However, when i opened IE it would not direct me to any websites at all, google, yahoo, nfl, and microsoft itself. I tried using Mozilla, but that to wont allow me to access Microsoft update webpage. From there i flushed my dns, and reset my IE options to factory conditions thinking that would help, it didn't. I d/led Malwarebytes, which is awesome, and that found four or so virus/malware/evilprograms, including something ending with SVCHost. I threw those in Quarantine, and ran Spybot & Avira (avira can't find updates) which pulled up some infections as well. Actually, Avira Guard pulls up a TrashGen trojan daily, but when i try to remove it, it goes no where. After all said and done i still currently have the problem w/SVCHost, and my IE wont work. I'm on the edge of wiping my PC and reformatting, but i figured i'd give this forum a shot & see if ya'll can save me from the headache?

Any and all help is appreciated & i thank you for takin the time to read my essay. =)

Advertisements