Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

having trouble installing itunes to xp

• Please log in to reply

macygirl

macygirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to install newest version of itunes to use with my new ipod. After downloading and I go to install I get the error message about 3/4 the way though: Bonjour services failed to start, verify you have sufficient privlidges. Cancel or Retry?

I have tried just about everything that I have read on this matter.

I have tried uninstalling all of itunes and everything associated with it and reinstalling.

I have tried turning off all of my firewalls while installing and I still get this message.

I have tried rebooting the computer after uninstalling and again after downloading.

I talked with Apple support and didn't get very far other than uninstalling all of my windows and then installing itunes then reinstalling my windows xp.

One site suggested to someone else to uninstall the apple mobile device system and then try. That actually worked for me and I successfully installed the itunes 9 (or whatever # it is) but when I went to connect my ipod it wouldn't recognize it and wouldn't work, so it suggested that I uninstall and reinstall with that apple mobile device and I keep getting the same error as before.

Oh, and I have been doing all of this while being logged on as administrator.

Does anyone else have any other ideas for me?

Thanks so much!

Advertisements