Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help to Restore Sony Vaio to factory settings w/o disk

• Please log in to reply

Jherri

Jherri

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K25 laptop that I need to restore to factory settings without the CD. I've had this computer for while & don't have any of the original disks. I've tried F10 & ctrl + F10, & maybe a few other combinations but nothing seems to be working. Using system restore or recovery also isn't working. Can anyone help? I'm trying to get this laptop ready to give to a friend.

Thanks,

Jherri

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Unless you had a partition on your Hard Disk where the files to restores the system to its factory settings are then if you do not have the CD to do the restore there is not much you can do apart from:

You can borrow a cd of the same OS version as the one that was installed originally on your labtop and use your labtop product key that you should have on a stciker on your labtop (usually under) and reinstall your OS. The only difference is that an OEM disc would have had the specific drivers of your labtop slipstream unto your recovery cd while with a borrowed one you will have to go find all the drivers yourself manually.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Lets take a look at the drives and partitions and see if you have a recovery partition.

Go to start
Go to run
Type in compmgmt.msc
Click on OK
On the left side under storage...click on disk management.
Make sure the right side showing the drives is expanded so we can see it all.
Take a screen shot showing the drives and partitions.

Attach it to your reply.

You can also attemt to get recovery CD's from Sony.

Mihai Johnny

Mihai Johnny

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello,

i kinda have the same issue, maybe someone can help me, i have tryed the alt+f10 method but did not work, i have printed the drives as specified in the other post.

please help

Attached Thumbnails

• print.png

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: Mihai Johnny

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic especially one that is almost 2 years old it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Please post more information as to your exact issue in your topic. Include any error messages you get as well as your system specs. This will help us to assist you more efficiently.
Thank you for your cooperation.